this website is all about the miniEngine, called miniE. Here I am going to present the progress of the project. I am developing this software since 3 months now and reached version 0.9 with a lot of help from the guys at www.openmoco.org.
But let us talk a little bit about what miniE is…
miniE is an open-source engine sketch to provide control over a single stepper motor and camera, using an Arduino and DFRobot LCD Keypad shield. It is a minimalist design providing all the necessary features to do shoot-move-shoot or continuous timelapse with a built-in UI. The 1st version of this code was heavily inspired by the openMoCo Engine by C.A. Church and is basically based on it. Thank you for your great work and help!
The project can be downloaded from the SourceForge repository or directly as a GNU tarball.
The aim of the system is to be flexible. For this lightweight engine, full system control should be possible out in the field without extra hardware. The GUI code was implemented as customizable and modular as possible.
- Arduino based motion control system for use with the DFRobot LCD Shield
- System control is fully implemented as a 5 button – 16×2 char user interface
- Supports 1 stepper motor
- Supports 1 camera
- Shoot-move-shoot mode
- Continuous mode
- Sinus shaped motor ramping
- Up to 30 programs can be created (single date events, repeating weekday events)
- Motor: home, sleep, post delay
- Camera: focus time, exposure time, post delay
- 2 physical limiting switches
- Max. motor steps & max. shot limits
- Settings and programs can be stored in the EEPROM